Wednesday 10 April 2013

6 + 13 Presentation Books Every Photographer Should Read

A slide from my Reality Dysfunction presentation. If not for Garr Reynolds, it might have been full of bullet points.
Being a photographer isn't just about photography. You need business skills, and another, very useful skill set is creating and holding presentations.

I hold presentations at conferences and sometimes at companies, universities, or various events. Nowadays I am pretty good at it, but I used to suck. This isn't my opinion, it is the opinion of the people that matter, the audience. I know, because I measure audience response.

I have never met Garr Reynolds, but he is the person that taught me to make better presentations. Reynolds is one of the world's best presenters, and he has written a number of books on the topic.

A friend of mine, Erik Lundh, sent me a link to a blog post by Reynolds where he lists thirteen great books on communication, and I thought it would be a good idea to share it.

First, to add a bit of value, I'll give you a short list of my own favorites, in no particular order:

Here is the link to Garr Reynolds's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment