Sunday 7 July 2013

Street photos: More than One Way to Play a Fiddle

When you do street photo, observe carefully, and shoot the slightly unusual.
Lots of musicians and performers in the streets of Gothenburg right now.

For these three pictures, I used a very simple trick to make the colors pop a bit: I deliberately underexposed by 2/3 of a stop (-0.67 EV).

The top photo was shot at f3.2, the other two at f2.0. This gave me a narrow depth of field, and a nicely blurred background.

The lens was actually a macro lens, because I was on my way to make a macro shoot: Tamron 60 mm f2.0 Macro.

Find the moment. In this case, the moment right before the clap.


Wait until you are noticed. If you see a slight smile and a slight move forward, it is ok to take the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment